Microdermabrasion is a procedure for the skin that is designed to rejuvenate the skin by getting rid of the dead skin cells from its outermost part. It is a non-chemical procedure, which entails mechanical exfoliation. It stimulates the regeneration of new skin cells in the treated spots by having an enhanced feel and appearance, all because of the removal of the dead skin cells. This is regarded as being the least invasive body treatment among the various skin-related treatments. There are several benefits of microdermabrasion, and thus it is often recommended for skin whitening and for glowing skin.
The process includes spraying on the skin surface through the use of small crystals such as that of aluminum oxide. They are also spraying salt, baking soda or corn cob granules. While doing so, the suction is used to get rid of the dead skin cells along with the aluminum oxide crystals out from the skin. The force of both the spray and the suction can be adjusted based on the extent of the stretch marks. A more powerful force may be needed for a deeper penetration in the skin.
Microdermabrasion treatment method has many positive aspects. And, you can take full advantage of most of them when you go to a reputable cosmetic surgeon clinic such as in the http://skintopia.com.au/microdermabrasion. A single session may last for about half an hour. The wrinkles and scars become smaller following the successive sessions that are done with 2 to 3 week time intervals. The number of treatment sessions needed for the successful treatment is determined by the seriousness of the marks.
To completely experience the benefits of microdermabrasion, a thorough preparation of washing and cleansing the skin before a treatment will improve the result and get rid of unnecessary skin particles. On your first session, you will see that your skin is looks pinkish, which is a new skin layer previously concealed by the old dead skin. You have basically increased the natural exfoliation process of your skin, and thus revealed a younger looking one.
Microdermabrasion is most effective on fine lines, small wrinkles and superficial scars. Stretch marks are long fragmented scars, which are found deep in the skin. The elastin and collagen in the skin break down and have difficulty returning their natural structures, thereby creating a scar. Although the actual scar has penetrated down in the skin, the epidermis also becomes transparent and stretched. It mainly targets the removal of dead cells from the outermost part of the epidermis, and is not really intended for treating such scars. But, it provides the benefits of healing the deterioration brought on to the skin tissue. While the skin marks do not vanish entirely, they lose color and become much lighter.
The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Through the years, people have experienced several benefits of this skin treatment. Below are examples that you can get from microdermabrasion procedure:
- This treatment solution for the skin does not involve the utilization of any kind of chemical substances. Therefore, it is safe for individuals who are allergic to certain compounds.
- This treatment has no negative effects. There will not be any peeling, redness or irritation of the skin following the procedure.
- It promotes the development of new cells, helping to make your skin young and healthy looking. After continuous sessions, the stubborn stretch marks will almost fade away.
- This is not a time-consuming procedure. A session normally takes about thirty minutes or so.
- As the entire process is non-invasive and does not involve puncturing the skin, you can perform all your regular, day to day activities right after the treatment without the need of to follow any specific diet or medication.
- There will be new cell formation on the epidermis and improved collagen.
- It eliminates skin blemishes due to sun exposure.
- There is a decrease in pore size and slows down the effect of aging. People with rough skin and skin discoloration will find great results with this treatment method.
- It helps in getting rid of the facial lines around the eyes and lips. You will notice significantly less deep lines on your skin.
- You do not need to take any painkiller since you will not experience any kind of pain.
A microdermabrasion procedure imitates what the body does the natural way, by means of exfoliating the dead skin cells, which are found in the outermost layer of the skin. The accumulation of dead skin cells in the outer layer creates an aged appearance, resulting in facial lines, wrinkles and sagging. Unlike in your younger years, the skin can keep up with the removal of the dead skin cells, but as you age this process slows down.